The UCU Stipend Commission has completed the process of awarding professors and teachers stipends for the 2018-2019 academic year. A stipend is allotted to cover the salary of a teacher with the goal of covering all his or her main obligations at UCU and also of covering a one-time award. The sources of the funds for distributing stipends is the university’s stipend fund.
“Stipends for professors and teachers at UCU are, for our community, above all a sign of great trust on the part of benefactors. They trust UCU and those who receive the stipends that they support. For this, the community of our university expresses its great gratitude to all our benefactors,” says Myroslav Marynovych, Vice-Rector for University Mission at UCU.
“For us, these stipends demonstrate that all the respected institutions and persons who provided them have noticed our efforts to develop university education and consider them worthy of support. And it is also a source of consolation that the tradition of philanthropy and ‘bearing one another’s burdens,’ which Metropolitan Andrey Sheptytsky so strongly advocated, today finds worthy emulators in Ukraine and on all continents.”
So this year’s stipends have been allotted to 10 candidates from all of UCU’s faculties:
- Danylo Sudyn, assistant professor of the Sociology Department, received a stipend from the Darnytsya Company;
- Daria Syroid, assistant professor of the Philology Department, received a stipend from the Darnytsya Company;
- Olena Mudryk-Ivanets, senior teacher at the Philology Department, received a stipend from the Darnytsya Company;
- Mariana Mykolaychuk, assistant professor of the Psychology and Psychotherapy Department, received a stipend from the Darnytsya Company;
- Oksana Vinnychenko, assistant professor of the Department of Modern and Recent History of Ukraine, received a stipend from Le Doyen Film Studio;
- Viktoria Babenko, assistant professor of the Journalism Department, received a stipend from Le Doyen Film Studio;
- Rostyslav Paranko, senior teacher of the Department of Classical, Byzantine and Medieval Studies, received a stipend from the family of Vasyl and Zoa Khmelnytskyi;
- Oleksandr Avramchuk, assistant professor at the Department of Clinical Psychology, received a stipend from the family of Marko and Ulana Suprun;
- Rostyslav Hryniv, professor and manager of the Department of Applied Mathematics and Statistics of the Faculty of Applied Sciences, received a stipend from Yaroslav Liubynets;
- Andriy Romaniuk, assistant professor at the Department of Computer Sciences and Information Technologies, received a stipend from Taras Kytsmey.
“For UCU, it is important that the best teachers are working with these excellent students who come to the university. We are glad that our benefactors understand this and are ready to support us in this. Each receiver of a stipend is an interesting person, a scholar dedicated to a given theme or field of knowledge, a teacher whom the students respect and value. On the part of UCU’s administrative team, we not only want these teachers to know more, but we are ready to apply our energy and resources for their further development,” says Sophia Opatska, Vice-Rector for Academic Affairs.