The Van Leer Jerusalem Institute proposes to award two Polonsky
Postdoctoral Fellowships, in any field of the Humanities or Social
Sciences, for a period of up to five years, beginning October 1, 2010.
Deadline: January 31, 2010
The Fellowships offer an annual stipend of $40,000. Yearly renewal of
the Fellowships will be contingent upon demonstrated progress in
research. Fellows will be expected to work on their research at the
Institute for consecutive years during the period of the award.
Although these are postdoctoral fellowships, other candidates may be
considered in those fields in which a doctoral degree is not a
prerequisite for career progress.
Candidates should submit the following documents in English to
– statement of research plans (3-5 pages, with title);
– summary of your previous research (3 pages);
– one published article or equivalent unpublished work;
– curriculum vitae, including list of publications;
– names and contact information for 3 possible recommendations.
Please indicate where you saw this advertisement.
The deadline for submission of completed applications is January 31, 2010.