The Baltic and East European Graduate School (BEEGS) is located at Södertörns högskola (Södertörn University) in south Stockholm, Sweden. BEEGS is part of the Centre for Baltic and East European Studies, CBEES. The focus of the research activities at BEEGS is on the Baltic and East European area.
The languages of instructions: English or Swedish.
In cooperation with the following universities, Södertörns högskola is inviting applications for 10 doctoral student positions in such fields:
Media and Communication Studies
For information about the regulations regarding admission, selection and entry requirements, see: www.sh.se/beegs .
Closing date for applications: 15 September 2009
Doctoral students are offered full-time employment for a period of up to four years, in accordance with the regulations of the Swedish National Agency for Higher Education.
The starting date for employment is 1 February 2010.
How to apply
The application must include three copies of:
1. A completed and signed application form. The application form can be found at: www.sh.se/beegs.
2. A statement of your intended PhD research plan, about five-six pages (maximum 14 000 characters including spaces/2000 words) in English.
3. Certified transcripts in English or Swedish of previous undergraduate and graduate studies, with course grades.
4. Your curriculum vitae.
5. Your academic thesis/essays and other relevant scientific publications. (If you have written your thesis/essays in a language other than Swedish or English you must also include three copies of an English summary of five-six pages, about 14 000 characters including spaces/2000 words.)
6. Contact details of two references.
Applications that do not contain all the information requested or that are not submitted in three complete copies will be disregarded. Applications received after the closing date will be disregarded.
Please note that one complete copy of the application is filed at Södertörns högskola for a period of two years, in accordance with the instructions from the Swedish National Archives.
For further information contact:
Helene Carlbäck, Director of Studies, tel: +46 8 608 40 25 or send an e-mail to [email protected]
Öjvind Diderichsen, Fackförbundet SACO, tel: 08- 608 46 55
Therese Kruse, Fackförbundet ST, tel: 08- 608 44 17
Gunnar Stenberg, Fackförbundet SEKO, tel: 070-316 43 41
Please send applications in Archaeology, Business Adminstration, Media and Communication Studies and Theoretical Philosophy to the following address:
Registrator (dnr xxxx)
SE-141 89 Huddinge, SWEDEN
Please note that applications in Sociology should be sent to the following address:
SE-751 26 Uppsala, SWEDEN
(Södertörn University’s reference number must be clearly stated on the application. See ”Registrator” above)
Your application must reach the receiving university (Södertörn or Uppsala University) by 15 September 2009, at the latest.