23-28 April 2016 | Cardiff/Wales, United Kingdom
In the context of the European Training Strategy (ETS) the SALTO Training & Cooperation Resource Centre (SALTO T&C RC) published the ETS competence model for trainers working at international level with criteria and indicators – www.salto-youth.net/trainercompetences.
With this call the UK National Agency for Erasmus+ together with SALTO T&C RC invite trainers to take part in the second COMETS training course – COMETS communicates.
COMETS communicates will focus on the competence area ‘Communicating meaningfully with others’.
The UK National Agency for Erasmus+ together with SALTO T&C RC are happy to invite selected participants to come to Cardiff, Wales (UK), from Saturday 23rd April (arrival day) to Thursday 28th April (departure day) 2016. Further information will follow soon after the selection procedure.
The competence area ‘Communicating meaningfully with others’ is in the ETS competence model described with the following competences:
• An ability to listen actively
• An ability to be empathetic
• An ability to clearly express thoughts and emotions
• An awareness of identity-related issues
• Being diversity-aware
Please apply, if you are interested in the training course and if you want to be part of this training environment with the following intentions of the team:
• Exploring sources (theories, methodologies, approaches) in forming trainer’s practice,
• Supporting work on the interconnections between being a trainer, the group the trainer works with, and the context,
• Create space which invites the ‚whole person‘ (Body-Mind-Heart-Soul),
• Creating a learning environment which invites participants to stretch boundaries, and
• Critically reviewing our practice and underlying attitudes as trainer in respect of meaningful communication, empathy, and emotions.
Please note that COMETS communicates intends principally to offer trainers a space to reflect, exchange and contrast their practice and understanding with regard to meaningful communication. As a result of this process, it is anticipated that trainers will also have the opportunity to strengthen existing or develop new tools on communicating meaningfully. The main purpose is to enable participants to take further steps in their professional practice. The course will be designed on the basis of self-directed learning principles.
The team of trainers of COMETS communicates is Gisele Evrard Markovic and Gerald Dowden.
The application deadline is the 15th January 2016. Applicants will be informed by 1st February 2016.
Afterwards the training team will contact selected participants with specific information regarding their developing detailing programme needs in order to maximise the time available during the training – it will be important that you make time during this period to respond accordingly.
If you have any further need for information or clarification please contact with regard to content SALTO T&C RC, Rita Bergstein, [email protected] and with regard to logistics Fergal Barr, [email protected]