European Citizenship in Youth Work Training Course
4-10 April 2016 | Czech Republic
The training course explores European Citizenship, one of the key themes of the youth programmes at European level, by aiming to support the professional development of youth workers and youth leaders by extending their critical understanding of European Citizenship, exploring and experiencing its potential and by enabling them to recognise and integrate European Citizenship in their youth work.
The training course puts into practice the priority European Citizenship of the Erasmus+ Youth in Action Programme, by aiming to:
• To critically explore the meaning, relevance and implications of European citizenship in youth work in all its dimensions;
• To promote and facilitate the active use of programmes and structures in support of youth work on European Citizenship, including Erasmus+ Youth in Action;
• To experiment and explore the potential of European Citizenship for active democratic change in society;
• To associate the participants with the current discourse on European Citizenship (its concepts, formal meanings and expressions)
• To exemplify the connection between European Citizenship, Human Rights, Democracy and ICL and the underlying values.
• To update participants on how European Citizenship will be addressed in Erasmus+ Youth in Action.
Applicants from South East Europea, Eastern Europe or Federation of Russia should contact the relevant regional SALTO Ressource centre ([email protected]; [email protected]) for further advise around selection and financial impact.